Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Quin's First Day of TK

So when we moved to California and I heard about this thing called Transitional Kindergarten.  Essentially it is a public school program for kids with late birthdays and it gives them an extra year of kindergarten.  I decided to sign him up (2 years of kindergarten sounds super!!!) and so far things have been going well.  We were both a little nervous about the first few days of school!  

 I was able to keep it together while dropping him off but when I came home I cried!  I am going to miss having this sweet guy to hang out with all day!
 Quin tries to wear his "Godzilla" shirt every day and is still a little scared when I drop him off.  Luckily he has a sweet little friend from our ward who waits for him by the playground gate.  She holds his hand and walks with him to the classroom every day.  It is so sweet!
 Meanwhile at home Dallin and I are keeping busy and having some fun hanging out.  It is nice to spend some one-on-one with this crazy kiddo.


When Quin comes home, it is basically a huge celebration.  We pull out the popsicles and bubble machine and celebrate that he made it through another long day (6 hours!) of school!
 I read somewhere that when you have little ones at home the days are long and the years are short.  So true.  Can't believe how big these guys are getting!

No comments: