Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quinster

This is A Gushy Mom Post.
Why I love this 2 year old:
1. This kid knows what he likes. He likes cars, trucks and trains. Above is a picture of how Quin spends most of his time. He basically has a car/truck/train in his hand at all times. He stares at the wheels as they roll and makes the most realistic truck noises I have ever heard.
2. Quin has reached the point where he has "voices" for some of his toys when he plays with them. In particular he has voices for his Mickey and friends characters. Minnie has a high cute voice and usually is saying something like "Oh no, Goofy fell down" or "I'm sleepy" (followed by snoring noises). Donald kind of has a low scary voice. Despite this, in most of his playtime episodes he is asking other people for kisses.
3. Quin loves to read. The books I have memorized are: Goodnight moon, Brown Bear, Polar Bear, Thomas and the Big Big Bridge, Thomas and the Jet Engine, Little Engines Can do Big Things, I love Trains, If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, If you Give a Moose a Muffin, Pat the Bunny, Cars and Trucks and Once Upon a Potty. His current favorite is "I'm a Big Brother". I highly recommend this book for anyone who is expecting their second or has a new baby in their family. Quin loves it and I think he is beginning to understand that a baby is on the way because of this wonderful literature!
4. Quin drives me crazy all day begging for apple juice and chocolate milk. I wish I had never introduced either of these beverages because he asks for them like every 10 minutes. In fact he is currently holding a cup of apple juice.
5. My favorite thing that Quin asks for is "Cuggle on Mommy's bed?" or "Cuggle on the Couch?" He loves cuddling.
6. Whenever Quin's shirt comes off he will smile and say "more tickle." Getting changed is always the beginning of tickle time.
7. Quin is SUPER grumpy after naps. He basically is in a temper-tantrum phase from 3:00-4:00 every day. The only way I can buy peace is by letting him watch Thomas the Train for 30 minutes. However after Thomas there is usually a half hour of screaming for more Thomas, followed by time outs and and crying. Beware of the Doty household from 3-4.
8. Quin thinks that Teddy Ruxpin is a stand up comedian. For all of you who don't know Teddy he is a robotic Teddy Bear who tells stories and sings songs. Quin cracks up a several key points during his storytelling. Love it.
9. Quin loves shapes. He likes to draw them, have others draw them and points them out whenever he sees them. At church yesterday he was staring at the ceiling. I looked up too and he pointed at the light and said "rectangle mommy!" Brilliant Child. I know.
10. Listening to Quin sing is probably my favorite thing in the world. I especially love it when he sings "I am a Child of God". It is the sweetest thing ever.

I love this happy, handful, handsome toddler!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw, how sweet. I especially love the "cuggle" requests :)